What is Chicken Soup for the Soul?
Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s favorite and most recognized storytellers. It all started more than 20 years ago when our founders compiled a book of inspirational and motivational stories that became a runaway bestseller. Since then we’ve published 250 more titles in 40 languages and sold more than 100 million books in the U.S. alone. Today we’ve evolved beyond the bookstore with super premium pet food and a line of high quality food to bring people together for healthy meals. We’ve also expanded into visual storytelling with movies, TV shows and a YouTube channel. In everything we do, our mission is the same: “changing the world one story at a time.”
- Books: At Chicken Soup for the Soul we receive thousands of stories every year for our books. These stories are the foundation of everything we do. They have inspired our other products and established the values we run our company by. With these stories, our publisher and Editor-in-Chief Amy Newmark, and her team put out about a dozen new titles every year. Click here to see our over 250 books.
- Food: The stories in our books are about important moments, moments of love, gratitude, laughter and even heartache. So many of these stories revolve around meals with loved ones, which is why we created our line of healthy, delicious food.
- Pet food: We're also inspired by the thousands of stories we receive about the love between pets and people. These stories show that every moment matters between an owner and a pet. Our wholesome pet foods are meant to help you turn your own moments into stories. To learn more about our pet foods click here.
- TV and movies: Stories can be told in a variety of ways and today we're branching out to what we call "visual storytelling." Our first regular TV show will air weekly beginning October 2015 and we've teamed up with Alcon Entertainment, the creators of The Blind Side, for the first Chicken Soup for the Soul feature film, which is coming in 2016.
- Apps: Chicken Soup for the Soul stories have inspired us and we're sure they will inspire you, too. Our apps allow you to bring stories with you on the go and share them with friends and family. Click here for more information about our apps.