We are excited that you and your school are considering using Chicken Soup for the Soul Hallway Heroes, a literacy-based anti-bullying program. We are passionate about this program and the power of storytelling to improve young minds.
The full program has 12 lessons per grade level (grades 1-8), each designed to take 30-50 minutes. The lessons are designed to be taught during literacy blocks of time, school counselor advisory periods, or other interdisciplinary periods. In addition each lesson is aligned to all state and national literacy and social and emotional learning standards, as well as other cross-curricular standards, such as Social Studies and Health.
Each complete sample lesson includes:
- A literacy-based lesson plan from our Teacher Guide
- The real-life story on which the lesson is based from the book:
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Be the Best You Can Be (grades 1-6 (elementary school program))
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Create Your Best Future (grades 6-8 (middle school program))
- The Student Journal pages for the lesson
There are two versions of Grade 6—Elementary and Middle School.
- Elementary School version matches the Elementary School program and uses Chicken Soup for the Soul: Be the Best You Can Be
- Middle School Version matches the Middle School program and uses Chicken Soup for the Soul: Create Your Best Future
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us.