Any Writers Out There?

Any Writers Out There?

I just discovered this forum while looking around the site. I have submitted my mother story and am keeping my fingers crossed. Are there any writers out there? I'm new here, I have read many of the Chicken Soup books and go back often for a " pick me up!" I am a runner, a reader, a knitter. I am a grandmother of 3 adorable (of course) boys. I work in the school department and will go back soon. I live on the east coast. I'd love to get to know you all.

Roxie01966 Aug. 18, 2014, 11:51 AM | | Replies (6)

6 Replies

Pam's picture

Hi there. I am new to CSTS and am being published in the Thanks to My Mom issue coming out on March 17, 2015. I was so excited to hear that my story was selected that I cried! This is my first publication ever. Look for my story "Tough Love" by Pam Carter. Let me hear back from you.

-Pam

|
jeffreyvperry's picture

Hello Roxie...., I just came across this site a few days ago on Facebook. I am a poet/writer and saw that the site wanted submissions, so I signed in and posted a poem. Like you I hope that it is accepted. Gook Luck, also. Now I have heard a lot about The Chicken Soup series, friends have mentioned it. I do a lot of writing. I have over ten books of poetry (Self-published), not to brag or anything. I am hoping to get into projects like Chicken Soup and others places that inspire people. Well,that is about it. Hope to hear back!

|
Roxie01966's picture

Hi thanks for the comment. This site does not have much activity as far as I can see. I writ too although not poetry. good luck with your writing.

|
roinoir's picture

The fact that we have found this site at this time is significant.Because of personal tragedy and losses in my own life I have been a void when it has come to my writing talent,however as we as writers all know it is the the sudden light or epiphany that inspires us to have hope and inspiration,and finding this site has given me that once again.Hi, I'm Noel....

|
roinoir's picture

Roxie I did not include your name when I responded to your comment,however I hope that you understand that your talent needs to be put put there and I am a true testament to being discouraged and uninspired,so keep writing and keep coming here...

|
Roxie01966's picture

Hi Noel, I glad to meet you. I am sorry for any personal tragedy you are experiencing. Its odd isn't it that that very avenue can be the one that brings you back to writing. I've had several of my stories published with chicken soup over the years and am proud of my accomplishments.After a "dry spell" and several years ago i was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer, I wrote about my experience and submitted it to CS. They published it in CS for the Breast Cancer Survivor's soul. I feel like I am back in the saddle again. I also write a blog about my efforts to combat procrastination! ha ha If you would like you can find it at www.finallyfinishing.com
Nice meeting you, happy writing.

|
Syndicate content